We have to admit that these hummus sorts confused the guests at our picnic. Especially the chocolate-peanut-hummus, ha. Isa loved this one, cause it’s something between hummus, peanut butter, chocolate, sweet and salty and finally something else in the world of hummus. But it’s always a matter of taste. So do this little hummus-party and tell us what you think. Here are our hummus recipes for your next party. And finally, we get hummus out of this dusty corner of chickpeas.
Vegan chocolate hummus
- Puree chickpeas and peanut butter in a high container.
- Add tahini paste, agave syrup and a pinch of salt.
- Add chickpea liquid until creamy.
- Season again and fold in chocolate drops.
Vegan beetroot hummus
- 200 g (7 oz) chickpeas
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cooked beetroot
- 4 tbsp tahin paste*
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 25 g (0.8 oz) walnuts
- salt & pepper
- Peel and dice sweet potatoe. Boil in salty water until soft.
- Add chickpeas, sweet potatoe, cooked beetroot, walnuts, tahini paste, the garlic clove, oil and puree until smooth.
- Add chickpea liquid until creamy. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Vegan edamame hummus
- Prepare edamame like instructed on the packaging.
- Puree edamames and chickpeas in a high container. Add tahini paste and garlic clove.
- Add chickpea liquid until creamy. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
*This is an affiliate link.