Is it possible to fall in love with caramel? Maybe. Isa is infatuated with our caramel dip and wants to pour it over each dish. However, it wouldn't take long until we create a recipe with this caramel dip, curd and crunchy salted pretzels. It works just perfect for a dessert bar or your next event.
- 125 g (1.6 cups) coconut sugar
- 120 ml (0.5 cup) coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1 vanilla bean
- Optional: Slice the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds.
- Place all the ingredients in a pot or pan.
- Combine everything well and stir continuously.
- Let bubble for 10 minutes and set aside. Enjoy still warm.
This vegan caramel dip works perfectly on a cake or as a dip for vegan snicker balls or fresh fruits. The dip gets thicker by the time, so use it still warm if you want to decorate a cake with. The creme of the coconut can is important for the consistency of your caramel dip. There is a firmer creme at the top of the can that works perfectly for a thick caramel creme.
Caramel shots with pretzel topping
- 1/2 portion (ca. 125 ml) vegan caramel (recipe on the blog)
- 150-200 g (5.3 - 7 oz) plant-based „quark“ (curd)
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 pck vanilla extract)
- 10 salted pretzels
- Prepare 1/2 portion of vegan caramel dip, as instructed on the blog. Allow to cool down.
- Halve the vanilla pods lengthways and scrape out the soft pulp. Mix with vegan „quark“ (curd).
- Fill vegan quark and caramel dip by turns into shot glasses and top with salted pretzels. Enjoy asap!