Hi, Nothern Irland. Could you explain this dessert for us? We don’t get it. Marshmallows, glacé cherries and condensed milk? Wait, What? So at today’s EC-Special we are trying a national dish from Nothern Irland. We found recipes for Fifteens and were quite amused about that ingredients but also a bit shocked. After making fifteens for the first time, we were still a bit shocked. The base of the Fifteens consists condensed milk and digestive biscuits. That’s all. Furthermore, you don’t bake them, you only let them chill in the fridge. So the consistency is something between a marshmallow, a biscuit and something sweet and pink. Yes, it’s weird, like we sad. We don’t know what to think about, but let’s give it a try.
- 15 digestive biscuits
- 15 marshmallows
- 15 glacé cherries, pitted
- about 200 ml (0.8 cup) condensed milk
- 200 g (7 oz) desiccated coconut
- Start off by adding the digestive biscuits to a food processor and process until you reach a fine crumb.
- In a large mixing bowl add the crushed biscuits, marshmallows, cherries and vegan cream.
- Knead until you get a sticky mixture.
- Shape into a long roll and coat in coconut shreds.
- Wrap roll in cling film and twist the ends.
- Leave in the fridge over night and serve in slices!