There are tons of recipes for cinnamon rolls on Pinterest and Tumblr. And yes, it's extremely hard to choose between ten thousand of recipes. We believe in classics that always work out perfectly. And btw: are vegan.
We love the smell and fluffiness of these cinnamon rolls! So the day we worked on this recipe, we accidentally had melted chocolate left from another recipe. So we poured hot chocolate over the cinnamon rolls and had the best afternoon break ever!
Vegan Yeast Dough
- 15 g (0.5 oz) fresh yeast
- 375 ml (1.5 cups) lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 550 - 600 g (19.4 - 21.2 oz) flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 40 g (1.4 oz) coconut oil
- Dissolve fresh yeast in warm water with brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Let stand for ten minutes. The yeast should swell and rise to the water surface.
- Heat coconut oil, wait until lukewarm and add it to the bowl.
- Gradually add 400 g (14.1 oz) flour, mix well and also add salt. The dough should be very sticky.
- Cover bowl with a damp kitchen towel and let rise for at least one hour. After this time you should see small bubbles on the surface and your dough should be doubled in size.
- Now add the rest of the flour until you can form a big ball out of dough. Knead well for some more minutes and let rise for another hour on a warm and dry place. The dough should rise for a second time. Now you can use your vegan yeast dough.
Super easy: Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 portion yeast dough (recipe on the blog)
- 140 g (4.9 oz) vegan butter
- 100 g (3.5 oz) brown sugar
- 3-4 tbsp cinnamon
- 120 g (4.2 oz) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 5 tbsp plant based milk
- 15 g (0.5 oz) vanilla essence
- Prepare our vegan yeast dough like instructed on our blog.
- Heat vegan butter in a small pot.
- Add sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Let cool down and set aside.
Kneading & Baking
- Grease your casserole with 1 or 2 tbsp vegan butter, so your cinnamon rolls come out easily after baking.
- Is you yeast dough ready? Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a big square. Spread your filling evenly all over the dough.
- Role up dough and cut into 10 to 12 pieces.
- Let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C / 350°F until golden brown. Let chill for some minutes.
- In the meantime mix all the ingredients for the frosting in a small bowl until slightly thick and soft.
- Pour the frosting all over your cinnamon rolls and serve warm. If you prefere melted chocolate, just go for it!