Making a cheesecake is a bit complicated. We both bake with a gas oven, so it’s very hard, not to say impossible, to get the correct temperature we need. Too hot, too cold, burned from the bottom, still fluently on the top. ARGH. Sometimes it’s not a problem, but when you try to get your cheesacake well done, a gas oven drives you crazy. Also a test with a wooden pick doesnt work, because a cheesecake only gets thick after cooling down for one or two hours. At the moment we are trying our best to create a recipe for cheesecakes that works perfectely even with a gas-oven. Until that we have a very yummy alternative for you here. We tested this one some weeks ago on Julias birthday party and nobody complained about. Happy faces all over the room. YAY! Lactose-intolerant people? Your always right with vegan recipes. Gluten-intolerant? Take some glutenfree-cookies or leave them off. The cheeaecake-creme and the topping are so good, no problem to go without cookies. And the best of all: you are ready within a few minutes and in your fridge they will wait for their big show. Mrjam.
Vegan Cheesecake in a Jar
- 8-10 Oreos
- 60 g (2.1 oz) vegan butter
for your curd
- 800 g (28.2 oz) vegan curd
- juice from one lemon
- 125 g (4.4 oz) agave syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 g (0.2 oz) vanilla flavour
for your topping
- 3-4 oreos
- fruits, berries …
- Crumble Oreos in a small bowl.
- Heat a small pot with the vegan butter.
- Mix melted butter with oreo crumbles. Fill in your dessert jars and let chill in your fridge.
- Mix all the ingredients for the curd in a big bowl.
- Add your curd into the jars and top with more crumbled oreos or berries and fruits.
- Until the party gets started, let them rest in your fridge.