Ravioli, Ravioli, Ravioli! Who doesn’t like raviolis? We definitely don’t belong to this part of human pasta-beings. Yes, they are a bit more time-consuming than Spaghetti, Penne & Co. but in the end you can be very proud of yourself. Self kneaded, rolled and filled! So for this ravioli-salad we used a pumpkin filling, because it’s awesome. Pumpkin is awesome! This dish is not an every-day-dish, cause you need some time to make the dough, the filling and the rest but you can be very proud at the end of the day, when you made your own pumpkin-raviolis. An it tastes really amazing!
Vegan Pumpkin-Ravioli-Salad with Red Grapes & Apple
- 100 g (0.8 cup) flour
- 100 g (3.5 oz) semolina
- 100 ml (0.4 cup) cold water
- 300 g (10.5 oz) hokkaido pumpkin
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 50 - 100 g (2 - 3.5 oz) ground almonds
- 3 - 4 tbsp vegan parmesan
- Wash and slice pumpkin and place on a baking sheet. Add oil and spices.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 390F.
- Allow to cool and dice in small pieces afterwards.
- In a bowl puree pumkin, ground almonds and vegan parmesan. Add more oil, water or ground almonds to get a sticky texture.
- Season with lemon juice and more spices.
- Mix flour and semolina in a bowl.
- Add slowly cold water until you get a nice texture. You should be able to form a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for about 60 minutes in your fridge.
- Dust the counter and dough with flour. Cut the dough into four pieces.
- Roll it through the pasta machine, 2 or 3 times or use a rolling pin.
- Use a crimper or cookie cutter to cut out circles.
- Fill them with 1 tbsp. cooled filling. Use another piece of dough to close your ravioli and gently press out air pockets. Use a bit water to combine both pieces of dough.
- Make sure the edges are well sealed.
- Cook raviolis at medium level for 8-10 minutes in salted water.
- Ravioli will float to the top when cooked. Be very careful not to overcrowd or overcook your raviolis.