We often realise, that we would love being friends with ourselves. On the weekend you can chill and read books the whole day, and in the evening you get dinner served. And during the week you always get some cookies from us for coffee. A perfect dream, without spending time in the kitchen. But we can not do otherwise!
We received very positive feedback for these Snickerdoodles from our friends and colleagues. And a lot of requests about the recipe, the ingredients and the softness of these Snickerdoodles. So here it is, the recipes for the best Autumn cookies ever!
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1∕2 tsp ground allspice (pimento)
- 1∕2 tsp nutmeg
- Mix all spices in a small bowl.
Vegan Snickerdoodles with Pumpkin
- 200 g vegan butter
- 100 g (0.75 cup) brown sugar
- 300 g ( 2.25 cups) white sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
- 170 g (5.9 oz) pumpkin puree
- 400 g (3.2 cups) flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bakind powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 150 g (5.3 oz) vegan chocolate chips
- Halve, de-seed and cut 200 g (7 oz) pumpkin in small pieces.
- Heat a small pot with water and boil pumpkin until soft. Control the weight of the puree: you only need 170 g (5.9 oz)
- Melt vegan butter in s small pot. Let chill for some minutes and mix with 100 g (0.75 cup) brown sugar and 115 g (0.9 cup) white sugar.
- Halve the vanilla pods lengthways and scrape out the soft pulp.
- Add soft pulp and pumpkin puree to the butter-sugar-mixture.
- In a big bowl mix all dry ingredients. Afterwards, add all the wet ingredients and combine well. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Wrap dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C / 350° F. Line a baking tray with some baking paper.
- Mix in a small bowl the remaining white sugar with cinnamon.
- Form a ball out of 1 tbsp dough. Roll in the sugar-cinnamon-mixture and put the balls on the baking tray. Now flatten the balls a bit with your fingers.
- Arrange 6 flatten dough balls on one baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- The Snickerdoodles come out very soft, so be careful. They need some time to cool down and to become a bit more firm.