No matter what you do, this cake will come out perfectly. Why? Because it’s so damn easy. Really! You can’t do anything wrong with that. Just mix the ingredients for your dough, whip your cream and add the strawberries. EASY. Like I said! Even if your a baking-idiot you can’t fail with that recipe. We did this cake for a barbecue last week and it was the best cake in the world to serve at 10pm on a mils summer night. The sponge cake was soft and luscious, the whipped cream was cold and just fluffy and the strawberries so sweet. Oh, it was just good and you can get that feeling too!
Vegan Sponge Cake
- 225 g (2 cups) flour
- 170 g (0.85 cup) sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) sparkling water
- 50 ml (0.25 cup) plantbased oil
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Mix in a bowl: flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder. Whisk until combined.
- Add the oil and the sparkling water. Mix the dough for another time.
- Grease a cake pan and add the dough. If you use a big cake pan (18-20 cm diameter) bake for 20-30 minutes. If you use a small cake pan (14 - 16 cm diameter) bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Test with a wooden stick if your sponge cake is done.
Vegan Strawberry Cake with Whipped Cream & Mint
- 1 sponge cake (recipe up on the blog)
- a punnet of strawberries
- a bunch mint
- 200 ml (0.8 cup) cream to whip
- 2 tbsp stabilizer for whipping cream
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
- Prepare sponge cake like instructed and let cool down.
- Whip cream with stabilizer and vanilla sugar in a high container.
- Wash and dice strawberries.
- Wash and chop mint leaves. Put some leaves aside for decoration.
- Spread whipped cream evenly on sponge cake and top with chopped mint leaves and strawberries.
- Put into fridge f0 3-4 hours.