Mother’s Day is ahead and we ourselves are often thinking about the best present to thank our mothers. And we always go best with: handmade presents. Goodbye coupons and lame presents bought last minute – handmade presents are the key to your mother’s heart (and by the way, they are the key to most everyone’s heart!). So let’s meet in the kitchen and bake these filled muffins with raspberry jam, deliver them to your mother yourselfs, drink coffee with her and say: Thank you, mom!
Vegan, Stuffed Raspberry Muffins
- 250 g (2 cups) flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 50 g (1.75 oz) ground almonds
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 200 ml (0.85 cup) plant-based milk
- 50 ml (0.2 cup) rapeseed oil
- 50 ml (0.2 cup) sparkling water
- 100 g (3.5 oz) raspberry jam
- 200 ml (0.85 cup) vegan whip cream
- Mix flour, corn starch, ground almonds, sugar, baking powder and vanilla sugar in a bowl. Little by little, stir in plantbased milk, rapeseed oil and sparkling water, until combined and dough is smooth.
- In a second bowl, stir raspberry jam until smooth.
- If needed, grease (with oil or vegan butter) and flour muffin tins. Add dough until half of the tins are filled, then add 2 - 3 tsp of raspberry jam to each muffin. Cover with some more dough. If desired, mix layers with a toothpick.
- Bake at 180°C/355°F for approx. 25 minutes. You can test their doneness with a toothpick – stick it in muffins, if they come out clean, the dough is done! Afterwards let muffins cool down.
- Whip vegan cream and transfer to a piping bag or a freezer bag. Cut off the tip and pipe whip cream on muffins. Garnish with more raspberries or some cane sugar.