Say hello to this fruity alternative to cinnamon-rolls. Let’t start our sweet picnic-special with some fruits and sweet berry-mint-rolls. Okay, let’s talk about the word „rolls“, maybe the word stuffed matches better for that yummy dough-bombs. The sourly berrymix works perfectly with the dough, the fresh mint and the sweet sugar-topping. But first: let’s have a yeast dough! Scroll down for the rolls.
Vegan Yeast Dough
- 15 g (0.5 oz) fresh yeast
- 375 ml (1.5 cups) lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 550 - 600 g (19.4 - 21.2 oz) flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 40 g (1.4 oz) coconut oil
- Dissolve fresh yeast in warm water with brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Let stand for ten minutes. The yeast should swell and rise to the water surface.
- Heat coconut oil, wait until lukewarm and add it to the bowl.
- Gradually add 400 g (14.1 oz) flour, mix well and also add salt. The dough should be very sticky.
- Cover bowl with a damp kitchen towel and let rise for at least one hour. After this time you should see small bubbles on the surface and your dough should be doubled in size.
- Now add the rest of the flour until you can form a big ball out of dough. Knead well for some more minutes and let rise for another hour on a warm and dry place. The dough should rise for a second time. Now you can use your vegan yeast dough.
Warm Berry Mint Rolls
- 1 yeast dough
FOR THE FILLING
- 400 g (14.1 oz) frozen berries
- a bunch of mint leaves
- 3 tbsp canning sugar 2:1
FOR THE FROSTING
- 250 g (8.8 oz) powder sugar
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Prepare yeast dough.
- Heat the frozen berries in a small pot and add the canning sugar until thickened a bit. Cool down.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Roll out your dough and spread the berry-mixture. Wash and slice mint leaves and spread them on the dough too.
- Roll your dough into the form of a „sausage" and cut into 3 centimeter thick pieces.
- Spread oil on your muffin pan and add your dough pieces.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until brown. Cool down after baking.
- For your frosting, simply whisk powdered sugar with water and drizzle over berry rolls.