Your not a big fan of sweets for breakfast and you can’t go without cheese and sausages? Uh, yay. We can feel that. So here is a recipe for all the dough-rolling-sporties, who love it hearty. When it’s all about preparing some fingerfood for a party, we often forget the hearty part of it. Cakes, muffins, and donuts all over the buffet (We love you all, don’t worry!). So fill your rolls with the ingredients you love – they will carry you to the fooodie-highscore-list, we swear! Therefore you need a good yeast dough. You need an instruction for that? No problem. You can find everything you need for the yeast dough here. So have you tried this recipe? Comment below! We are so excited to hear some responses from you guys.
Vegan Yeast Dough
- 15 g (0.5 oz) fresh yeast
- 375 ml (1.5 cups) lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 550 - 600 g (19.4 - 21.2 oz) flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 40 g (1.4 oz) coconut oil
- Dissolve fresh yeast in warm water with brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Let stand for ten minutes. The yeast should swell and rise to the water surface.
- Heat coconut oil, wait until lukewarm and add it to the bowl.
- Gradually add 400 g (14.1 oz) flour, mix well and also add salt. The dough should be very sticky.
- Cover bowl with a damp kitchen towel and let rise for at least one hour. After this time you should see small bubbles on the surface and your dough should be doubled in size.
- Now add the rest of the flour until you can form a big ball out of dough. Knead well for some more minutes and let rise for another hour on a warm and dry place. The dough should rise for a second time. Now you can use your vegan yeast dough.
Warm Pesto & Olive Rolls
- 1 portion of yeast dough
FOR YOUR TOPPING
- 2 handful black olives
- 150 g (5.3 oz) of your favorite vegan pesto
- 200 g (7 oz) dried tomatoes in oil
- 100 g (3.5 oz) pine nuts
- At first: make a yeast dough.
- Roll out the dough to a big square.
- Spread the pesto all over the dough.
- Cut dried tomatoes in small pieces and cut olives into rings.
- Spread dried tomatoes, olives and pine nuts all over your dough.
- Cut dough in six pieces and place them in a well buttered baking or muffin pan.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F and bake rolls for 20 - 30 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Eat them while warm and fluffy. You can also add a yummy dip.