The rules of our series „Make a wish!“ are quite simple: You text us the recipe you are looking for and we will develop and cook the dish for you. The first fulfilled wish was vegan ground pork in January, so now it's time for the next round.
The second wish we fulfilled is from Tomke. She wrote us a comment on Facebook and we really liked her idea of vegan „Schokobons“, a famous chocolate treat here in Germany, that consists milk chocolate covered eggs filled with hazelnut cream. And it's definitely not vegan, haha. So we created a recipe with only four ingredients and spoiler: the vegan version is good as the original! But you need a bit time to roll your eggs. So be patient with them, you will be rewarded!
Vegan „Schokobons“ (Milk Chocolate Covered Eggs Filled with Hazelnut Cream)
- 180 g (6.3 oz) vegan, white chocolate
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
- 100 g (3.5 oz) finely chopped almonds
- 300 g (10.5 oz) vegan „milk“ chocolate
- Melt vegan, white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Mix ground and chopped almonds with the melted white chocolate and let cool down in your fridge for 30 min.
- Melt vegan „milk“ chocolate also in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Form small eggs out of the almond-chocolate-mixture right before the mixture turns firm again.
- Dip each egg in dark chocolate. Set back on a lined baking sheet or baking grid. Allow to completely cool down.
- Cut squares from the baking sheet and wrap „Schokobons“ like bonbons. Store in the fridge.