3 recipes for your hummus party
We have to admit that these hummus sorts confused the guests at our picnic. Especially the chocolate-peanut-hummus, ha. Isa loved this one, cause it’s something between hummus, peanut butter, chocolate, sweet and salty and finally something else in the world of hummus. But it’s always a matter of taste. So do this little hummus-party and tell us what you think. Here are our hummus recipes for your next party. And finally, we get hummus out of this dusty corner of chickpeas.
Vegan chocolate hummus
- 300 g (10.5 oz) chickpeas
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1-2 tbsp agave syrup
- 50 g (1.7 oz) chocolate drops
- Puree chickpeas and peanut butter in a high container.
- Add tahini paste, agave syrup and a pinch of salt.
- Add chickpea liquid until creamy.
- Season again and fold in chocolate drops.
Vegan beetroot hummus
- 200 g (7 oz) chickpeas
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cooked beetroot
- 4 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 25 g (0.8 oz) walnuts
- salt & pepper
- Peel and dice sweet potatoe. Boil in salty water until soft.
- Add chickpeas, sweet potatoe, cooked beetroot, walnuts, tahini paste, the garlic clove, oil and puree until smooth.
- Add chickpea liquid until creamy. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Vegan edamame hummus
- 300 g (10.5 oz) edamame
- 100 g (3.5 oz) chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Prepare edamame like instructed on the packaging.
- Puree edamames and chickpeas in a high container. Add tahini paste and garlic clove.
- Add chickpea liquid until creamy. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.