The scent of freshly baked granola is some of the best things ever. I swear! It's comparable with two other scents I barely need from time to time: dark bread and cinnamon rolls, both fresh from the oven. So I highly recommend to combine this chocolate granola with vegan curd, yogurt or milk and if you're having a crazy day: add fruits. It's incredible!
Crunchy, vegan Chocolate Granola
- 200 g (7 oz) rolled oats
- 100 g (3.5 oz) almond slices
- 100 g (3.5 oz) chopped almonds
- 100 g (3.5 oz) hazelnuts
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 15 g (0.5 oz) vanilla essence
- 5 tbsp apple sauce
- 50 g cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 100 g (3.5 oz) dark chocolate chips
- Mix rolled oats, chopped almonds, almond slices and hazelnuts in a big bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in a small pot and mash banana with a fork.
- In a small bowl mix mashed banana, coconut oil, apple sauce, vanilla essence, agave syrup, salt and cocoa powder.
- Now add the banana-cocoa-mixture with oats and nuts until well combined.
- Spread granola on a baking sheet with baking paper and bake for 30 minuten at 180°C / 350°F.
- Allow to cool down, add chocolate chips and stir well. You can enjoy your granola for weeks, but it must be resealed airtight.