We have a soft spot for tacos and love to experiment with them. Besides classics such as fish tacos (vegan, of course!), tostadas or taquitos, we also serve Korean tacos, ramen tacos, chanterelles tacos or even chocolate tacos. You can find all our taco recipes here.
Almost like Taco Bell. Just completely different. Maybe one or the other knows about „crunch wraps“ – that are usually served at Taco Bell. It’s a wrap stuffed with minced meat, lettuce, tomatoes, sauces and tostadas (fried tortillas). Since we already have a recipe for vegan fried classic tacos, but wanted to do a vegan version of a crunch wrap, we decided to prepare a completely different stuffing: Time for falafel, hummus and cabbage.
Vegan Falafel Crunchwrap
- 250 g (9 oz) chickpeas
- 50 g (0.4 cup) flour
- 15 g (0.5 oz) fresh cilantro
- 15 g (0.5 oz) parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 4 wraps
- 8 small tortillas
- 250 g (9 oz) hummus (recipe on the blog)
- 1 cucumber
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 100 g (3.5 oz) red and/or white cabbage
- 20 g (0.7 oz) fresh parsley
- 20 g (0.7 oz) fresh mint
- 3 tbsp plant-based yoghurt or curd
- 1 tsp tahini
- plant-based oil
- Add all ingredients for falafel to a mixer and shred everything really short, 2-3 times. The batch should be lumpy, not creamy, so make sure not to blend it. Alternatively, simply chop it with a sharp knife.
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté falafel mix for 5-7 minutes until slightly crisp.
- Wash or peel and finely cut red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, cabbage, parsley and mint. In a small bowl, stir together plant-based yoghurt and tahini and set aside.
- Heat about 4 tbsp oil in another small pan and fry tortillas from both sides until golden brown.
- Time to wrap it up! Take a large wrap, place some hummus in the center. Afterwards you can top it with filling as you like. For example, start by adding some roasted falafel mix, add a tostada, add chopped veggies, followed by another tostada. Finish with chopped herbs. As soon as you're finished, fold the crunchwrap and make sure that it's almost completely covered.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan one more time and roast crunchwrap from all sides until golden brown for approx. 2-3 min. Serve warm with plant-based tahini-yoghurt.
If you're not sure how to fold a crunchwrap, just google it. There are tons of helpful Youtube tutorials!