Picnic taco with radish apple salsa
We have a soft spot for tacos and love to experiment with them. Besides classics such as fish tacos (vegan, of course!), tostadas or taquitos, we also serve Korean tacos, ramen tacos, chanterelles tacos or even chocolate tacos. You can find all our taco recipes here.
As a matter of course we have a taco suitable for our week’s topic. It’s so easy to bring tacos to your picnic. Just take soft tacos with you, put the filling in boxes and watch your picnic neighbors getting jealous. We could have eaten the radish apple salsa simply as a salad, but tried hard to stay strong. And it paid off! Along with mango-mustard-yoghurt-dressing this taco tastes like heaven.
Picnic Taco with Radish Apple Salsa
- 6 soft tacos*
FOR YOUR FILLING
- 6-7 radish
- 3 tbsp chickpeas
- 1 apple
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 100 g (3.5 oz) red cabbage
- 150 g (5.3 oz) vegan chicken stripes
FOR YOUR DRESSING
- 1/4 mango (peeled and diced)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 5 tbsp soy yoghurt
- salt and pepper
- We start off with preparing the salsa. Wash and finely dice radishes and apple.
- In a bowl, mix them together with chickpeas and finely chopped parsley.
- Cut red cabbage in fine slices.
- In a pan, heat up some oil and roast the vegan meat stripes until it gets some color.
- For your dressing you have to purée the mango first. As soon as it turns into a soft mash, whisk it together with soy yoghurt and mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the games begin! Spread mango-yoghurt-mustard-dressing on your taco, then add salsa, vegan meat stripes and red cabbage and finish with some more dressing.
*This is an affiliate link.