Until today we paid so little attention to mung beans. Not even one recipe on our blog lists the small green beans. But today is the day we turn mung beans into savory patties, perfect to serve with a fresh salad, veggies, and homemade dips.
Meanwhile, a lot of (the big) supermarkets offers mung beans. But to be on the safe side check your favorite organic market or asia shop. There are green, unpeeled mung beans and yellow, peeled mung beans. Both of them are dried, so you have to soak them overnight before cooking. The rest of the recipe is quite simple, so scroll down and enjoy!
Vegan meatballs with mung bean
- Soak mung beans overnight. When they become soft, puree mung beans in a high container.
- Wash and finely dice parsley.
- In a big bowl mix all ingredients for the vegan meatballs. Form small meatballs with the help of your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and roast meatballs until golden-brown.
- For the dip wash and finely dice mint leaves.
- Mix plant-based yogurt and mint in a small bowl. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve vegan meatballs with yogurt dip.
*This is an affiliate link.