Vegan Pasta Salad with Pea Pesto & Honeydew Melon
Before our steaks are ready, we eat this pasta salad like crazy. I am in love with side dishes, and I guess Julia is too. Salads, potatoes, noodles, vegetables. Before our barbecue starts, we are full with all the side dishes around, dipping fresh bread in our favorites dips. Upsi, already replete. Guess you know this situation. This pasta salad is one of our favorite salads and of course, you can use your favorite type of pasta. Our pesto is made of peas because it’s quite cheap and not that expensive than other pesto ingredients and second it’s sweet, fresh and something new at the same time. Imagine that with honeydew melon – it’s the perfect combination. Pesto made of peas is a super duper thing, you should definitely try!
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 100 g (3.5 oz) raw cashews (natural)
- 50 g (1.7 oz) chopped almonds
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- Throw all the ingredients in a food processor and let's mix until everything transformed into a parmesan-friendly texture. Don't be afraid of some bigger pieces of almonds or cashews, that just makes your parmesan a bit crunchy.
- Yay, and that's it! Seal it airtight and just sprinkle it on your pasta dishes or mix it into your pesto.
Pasta Salad with pea pesto & honeydew melon
- 500 g (16.6 oz) short pasta
- 340 g (11.9 oz) sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 150 g (5.3 oz) mache
- 300 - 400 g (10.6 - 14.1 oz) honeydew melon
- 35 g (1.2 oz) packed basil
- 120 g (4.2 oz) green peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 75 g (2.6 oz) pine nuts
- 50 g (1.7 oz) vegan parmesan cheese (recipe on the blog)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 25 g (0.8 oz) pine nuts
- 50 g (1.7 oz) vegan parmesan
- Boil pasta like instructed.
- Add all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and combine until smooth. Add oil and water for the perfect consistency.
- Slice sundried tomatoes and the honeydew melon.
- Toast pine nuts for topping in a pan without oil. Wash mache.
- Combine pasta, pesto, dried tomatoes, honeydew melon and mache in a big bowl.
- Season with more lemon juice, salt, pepper or oil if needed.
- Top with your toasted pine nuts and some more vegan parmesan. Serve warm!
*This is an affiliate link.