Vegan fish sauce
Fish sauce is often used in Asian food and also served at the table for use as a condiment. If you're an Asian food lover, you definitely came across with fish sauce! So if you don't have any restaurants near to you, that doesn't work with fish sauce; you have to cook by yourself! We show you how to prepare fish sauce without fish!
Vegan Fish Sauce
- 3 nori sheets
- 750 ml (3 cups) water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 50 ml (0.25 cups) soy sauce
- black pepper
- 2 tsp miso paste
- Cut the nori sheets into strips. Add water and nori strips to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- After 15 min. add 1 tsp sugar, a pinch of pepper, soy sauce and 2 tsp miso paste. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Filter fish sauce through a sieve. You should get 300 ml fish sauce in the end.
- Return fish sauce into the pot and let simmer again for 20-30 min.
- Allow to cool down completely.