To be honest, this recipe almost seems to easy to write it down, but it’s simply the best snack during fig season. When doing it non-vegan, people often use goat cheese for this, but I just want to state before, that I didn’t try to imitate this taste. By the way – is there something vegan that tastes like goat cheese? Instead we made a vegan, delicious version of its own.
Figs from the Oven
2 - 3 servings
- 8 figs
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 200 g (7 oz) veganer curd
- 200 g (7 oz) vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup
- 10 walnuts
- 2 tbsp pistachio
- Let's start with the cream and stir vegan curd, cream cheese adding apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside for a minute.
- Wash figs and cut in quarters, but don't cut them through. Put all figs in a casserole form and slighty press apart the quarters.
- Roughly chop walnuts.
- Fill each fig with 1 tbsp of the cream and top with walnuts, pistachio and rosemary. Finish by drizzling maple syrup on it.
- Bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes at 300°F and serve warm and with bread. You can drizzle some more maple syrup on it before serving.