Baking with Kids: Vegan Magic Pancakes
Ahoy to all the small kids-podgy-fingers. Cause today we will have some pancakes for the small, hungry monsters out there. Julia and I have both older sisters. What a luck! We know all the discussions and struggle with our beloved older siblings (and we especially know the younger-sister-bonus, haha). So if you have younger siblings, kids or you expect kids the next time, we can help! If you don’t know how to entertain hungry little lions, there is a recipe waiting for you, you can easily do with kids, or with two kids at the same time. Cause you always get them with pancakes…
Vegan Magic Pancakes
- 250 g (2 cups) flour
- 1 tbsp of vanilla sugar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- 500 ml (2 cups) plant-based milk
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- oil for the pan
- 1 small plastic bag
- 1 clip to close the plastic bag
- Grab a big bowl and whisk flour, vanilla sugar, sugar and baking powder.
- Gradually add the plantbased milk to the dry ingredients. This step works perfectly with two persons. One person whisks the dough and the other person adds the milk.
- Whisk the dough until it turns smooth and creamy.
- Pour half of the dough in a plastic bag. Close your plastic bag with a bracket.
- Now add the cacao powder to the remaining dough and whisk until your dough is creamy and completely brown.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a flat pan. Cut off one edge of the plastic bag, so you can make a swirl of dough in your pan.
- Fill your magic swirl with the other dough, so you get a round pancake.
- After 1 or 2 minutes, you can flip your pancake. Wait until they get lightly brown.
- If your pancake is lightly brown on both sides, they are ready to eat.
- You can top your pancakes with fresh fruits, cream, chocolate sauce or sprinkles. And that's it! Your magic swirl-pancakes are ready to eat!