Vegan sponge cake: so fluffy & easy!
This dough is a synonym for summer cakes. You only need five minutes for the preparation and get a beautiful fluffy cake in the end. Try our super yummy vegan strawberry cream cake!
Vegan Sponge Cake
- 225 g (2 cups) flour
- 150 g (0.7 cups) sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) sparkling water
- 50 ml (0.25 cup) plant-based oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
8 g (0.28 oz) vanilla sugar
You need a 9 inch/22 cm circular cake pan for this recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Mix in a bowl: flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder. Whisk until combined.
- Add the oil and the sparkling water. Mix the dough for another time.
- Grease a cake pan and add the batter. Bake for 30 minutes. Test with a wooden stick if your sponge cake is done. Extend or reduce the baking time until cake is golden-brown.