Quick pan-fried vegan dumplings
There are countless types of German dumplings: bread dumpling, potato dumplings, Austrian “Serviettenknödel,“ filled dumplings, sweet dumplings – the list is almost endless. Today we show you the Ferrari of the dumplings, cause it doesn't get any faster.
You're done in 30 minutes cause you don't even have to peel potatoes (and btw the ingredient list is quite concise). Mixing the dough takes only a few minutes and frying them is not a problem at all! Sounds like a relaxed holiday season, right?
We found this recipe through Angie from Bissen fürs Gewissen.
Vegan, quick pan-cooked dumplings
- 200 g (7 oz) bread rolls
- 1 onion
- 15 g (0.5 oz) parsley
- 50 g (0.5 cup) flour type 405
- 400 ml (1.7 cups) plant-based milk
- a pinch of nutmeg
- olive oil
- Peel and chop onions.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients except milk and oil. Gradually add milk and knead the dough until well combined.
- Form small flat dumplings, as large as the surface of your hand. Moisturize your hands if the dough is too sticky.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry for 5 minutes or until dumplings are brown from both sides.