10 minutes: Oatmeal with Apple & Hazelnut
A healthy breakfast in under 10 minutes? Yes, it’s possible and yummy. Sometimes I am annoyed about bread, veggie-spreads, and tomatoes. I really love the combination of good bread and veggies, but sometimes I need something fresh. Yogurt and fruits is a good alternative, but when I could choose, I would always decide for oatmeal.
A lot of people don’t like it, cause they say it’s slimy, but really? It’s not, and you may notice I am a huge oatmeal-fan! One combination always works: apple, cinnamon, and nuts. I guess you have most of the ingredients already at home. Grab a bowl and ten minutes of your time, and we see us at the oatmeal-fan shop, alright?
Oatmeal with Apple & Hazelnut
- 100 g (1 cup) soft porridge oats
- 200 ml (0.8 cup) of milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 apple
- 50 g (2 oz) hazelnuts
- fresh berries for serving (when in season)
- Heat milk in a pot or microwace until hot. (not boiling)
- Add oat, agave syrup and cinnamon and mix well.
- Wash and slice apple. Toast hazelnuts in a pan without oil for 3-4 minutes. Chop them afterwards.
- Top oatmeal with apple slices and hazelnuts and serve warm.