Vegan Banana Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
One of the breakfast classics. Me and my sister are craving for pancakes. Every weekend we have to make a decision between fresh bread and pancakes. And it is a hard one. So we became a pro at making pancakes. Sometimes we „preproduce” and freeze them. And every time we are hot for some pancakes, we toast them in our regular toaster and enjoy some fresh ones within a few seconds. And it works! Really! So it’s time to give you the perfect pancake recipe for every occasion. You can serve a blueberry sauce, cause it matchs perfectly. Please don’t try to toast the sauce, ok?
Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 100 g (0.8 cup) flour
- 100 ml (0.5 cup) plant-based milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 brown banana
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mash banana in a small bowl with a fork.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in another bowl.
- Add milk and banana to your dry ingredients and mix everything until well combined.
- Let chill for 10 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium high heat.
- Bake your pancakes. When the side facing you starts to bubble, it's time to flip! Bake your pancakes until golden-brown on both sides.
Vegan Blueberry Sauce
- 100 g (3.5 oz) blueberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 80 ml (0.3 cup) water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients, except cornstarch, in a pot and bring to boil. Mash some blueberries and stir occasionally. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix 1 tsp cornstarch with 2 tsp water until well combined. Add the mixture to your sauce and let thicken.
- Let simmer for 3-4 more minutes and serve afterwards.