Vegan Cheese Ball Salad with Apple & Cranberries
Vegan cheeseballs? Hell yeah! Before we wanted to try our first vegan cheese balls, we searched on the Internet for inspiration. Unfortunately, a lot of recipes need a lot of time or utensils we don't have. We definitely have to try these versions later, but for now, we want something really quick and easy. So we decided to do our first vegan cheese balls at home! They also work very well on a salad, on a cheese platter, or with bread or toast.
Vegan cheese balls made of cashews
10-15 cheese balls
15 minutes (+ 1 hour time to rest)
- 150 g (5.5 oz) cashews
- 2 twigs of thyme
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 25 g (0.88 oz) nutritional yeast
- 15 g (0.5 oz) coconut oil
- 2 tsp White Miso Paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 0.25 tbsp salt
- 75 g (2.6 oz) pecan nuts
- Soak cashews overnight in water or at least for two hours in hot water.
- Drain cashews. Peel and dice garlic clove and add the rest of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Mix until you get a smooth mixture. It works also with an immersion blender, but it will take 5 - 10 minutes.
- Form 10 - 15 small balls and let the cheese balls chill for an hour in the fridge.
- Finely chop the pecan nuts.
- Roll cheese balls in chopped pecan nuts so they are fully covered.
Spinach Salad with apples and cranberries
- 150 g (5.3 oz) baby spinach
- 0.5 apple
- 80 g (1.8 oz) walnuts
- 50 g (1.7 oz) dried cranberries
- 80 ml (0.3 cup) vegan apple juice
- 2 tbsp apple vinegar
- 3 - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and shake dry baby spinach.
- De-seed, wash and slice apple.
- Chop walnuts and roast in a pan without oil for 3 - 4 minutes.
- On a big plate arrange baby spinach and top with roasted walnuts, apple slices and dried cranberries.
- Mix alle the ingredients in a jar and shake.
- Serve salad with “cheese“ balls and the dressing.