Vegan jelly doughnuts
Make a wish: In our series “Make a wish“ we develop recipes to make your wishes come true - whether it’s about vegan french toasts or doughnuts. If you also have a recipe that we should cook for you, send us a quick mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Until then, find all your previous wished recipes here.
Welcome to our third round of „Make A Wish.“ This time it's getting hot and greasy after we made hearty vegan ground pork in our first round and sweet chocolate covered eggs in the second round for you.
Jette wrote as a private message on Instagram and asked for vegan jelly-filled doughnuts. We loved her idea and the thought of frying again. This recipe is for you, Jette!
Vegan Jelly Doughnuts
- 550 g (19.4 oz) flour
- 70 g (2.5 oz) sugar
- 120 ml (0.5 cups) plant-based milk
- 1 cube of fresh yeast
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 100 g (3.5 oz) vegan butter
- 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- 1 l (4 cups) plant-based oil
- 250 g (8.8 oz) jam
- powdered sugar
- Heat milk until lukewarm.
- In a big bowl combine flour, sugar, and milk. Crumble yeast into a bowl and combine a bit. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Halve the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the soft pulp.
- Now add applesauce, vegan butter and salt into the big bowl and knead well. Form dough into a ball and set in a warm place to rise for one hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough. Using a cookie cutter, cut 30 rounds. Let rise again for 30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat plant-based oil and fry each doughnut for 3-5 minutes. Turn doughnuts over and fry until golden. Transfer to a paper towel
- Fill a piping bag with jelly or chocolate cream and fill the doughnuts.
- Serve with powdered sugar.
*This is an affiliate link.