Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with Oats
Some combinations always work wonderfully together. Just think of cinnamon and sugar, blueberries and vanilla, or tomato and basil. Lemon and poppy seeds are also a combination that works out extremely delicious. To give your breakfast pancakes a little update, we not only replaced part of the flour with oats but also mixed in lemon juice and poppy seeds!
To make your pancakes fluffy, we recommend using a non-stick frying pan to prepare the pancakes. We don't even need oil to bake the pancakes and still get a great, smooth surface. But you can also use oil if you want to. Make sure you let the pancakes brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes, so they have enough time to rise and come out wonderfully fluffy! You can serve the pancakes with maple syrup, agave syrup, chocolate cream, fruits, plant-based yogurt, or a fruit compote.
We are very happy that [Kölln] (https://www.koelln.de/) supported us with this recipe! For the pancake dough, we processed the [Kölln oats] (https://www.koelln.de/produkte/haferflocken/bluetenzart/) into flour, which allowed us to replace part of the regular flour. The oats consist of 100% wholegrain oats and are grown in Germany, Finland and Sweden. Kölln's [oat drink] (https://www.koelln.de/produkte/haferdrinks/) also consists of whole grain oats and comes from organic farming. Both products go super well together and give the pancakes a wonderfully taste of oats! You can find out more about the advantages and type of oats [here] (https://www.koelln.de/produkte/haferflocken/).
Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with oats
- 300 ml Kölln oat drink
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 140 g Kölln rolled old fashioned oats
- 150 g wheat or spelled flour
- 25 g brown sugar
- 4 g baking powder
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 lemon (fresh lemon juice & zest)
- 5 g poppy seeds
- 100 ml maple syrup
- In a small bowl, mix oat milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the oats in a food processor and pulse until they are ground into a powder-like consistency. Wash the lemon in hot water and rub dry.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar, salt, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.
- Add the plant-based milk and the lemon juice, and stir.
- Heat a non-stick (frying) pan (with a little oil if necessary) over medium heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle. Brown on both sides and serve warm with maple syrup.