Well, it's late summer friends! This means we're fluctuating between cold milkshakes and hot soups. We slowly have to say goodbye to summer, but this year it's not so bad. So let's stuff your last ice cream of the year between two chocolate cookies and combine winter and summer in one dessert. Cookies and ice cream at once? Jackpot! A soft bridge for your tummy to late summer.
Vegan Nice Cream Sandwiches with Sprinkles
For chocolate cookies
- 150 g (5.5 oz) vegan butter
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 280 g (2.25 cups) flour
- 50 g (0.4 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp backing powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
For nice cream
- 3 bananas
- 1 vanilla bean
- approx. 100 g (3.5 oz) colorful sprinkles
BAKE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- Add vegan butter and sugar to a bowl and beat fluffy with a hand mixer or simply use a stand mixer. Add cold water and stir to combine. Little by little add flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar and cocoa powder. Knead with hands until a smooth dough forms.
- Form small balls out of your dough, approx. 30 - 35 g (1 oz - 1.25 oz). You should get approx. 22 - 26 small balls out of the dough. Transfer dough balls on a parchment paper-lines baking sheet, but leave some space between them. In the end, we baked 3 - 4 baking sheets of dough balls.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C/355°F for approx. 15 min. After baking, press them down with a fork or your fingers when they are still warm. Let cool down.
NICE CREAM (best prepare a day ahead)
- Peel bananas, cut in slices and freeze in a sealable bag. Freeze for at least 3 hours and let warm at room temperature approx. 10 min. before preparing nice cream.
- Cut vanilla pot and scrape out pulp.
- Add frozen banana to a high jar or mixer and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Stir in vanilla pulp.
- Place in freezer again, if you still wait for your cookies to cool down.
- Add sprinkles to a bowl.
- Take two cookies and top one of them with 1 - 2 tsp (best to use an ice cream scoop for this!) of nice cream. Press the second cookie slightly on it.
- Roll in sprinkles until nice cream is covered.
- Eat from hand or freeze again to enjoy ice cream sandwiches later.