Meanwhile, there are a lot of vegan sausages in the supermarket. That's comfortable cause we could have a BBQ almost every day without any preparations. But most of the sausages are made of soybeans, a lot of people do not tolerate very well or even don't like. We created a super easy recipe for this case made of seitan. You can vary the seasonings and put them on your BBQ or even fry them in a pan afterward.
Vegan & soy-free BBQ sausages
- 500 g (17.6 oz) wheat gluten*
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp onion powder
- 4 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp white or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast*
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp mustard
- 8 tbsp plant-based oil
- optional: 6 tbsp soy sauce*
- 8 tbsp tomato paste
- 500 ml (2 cups) water (+ more if you didn't used soy sauce)
- aluminium foil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl: wheat gluten, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika powder, sugar, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix the wet ingredients: mustard, oil, soy sauce, tomato paste, and water.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Knead all of the ingredients into a dough and use your hands to shape it into sausages.
- Wrap sausages in aluminum foil like bonbons.
- Preheat oven and bake sausages for 40 minutes at 180°C / 350°F.
- The sausages are now ready for a BBQ or frying pan.
*This is an affiliate link.